We are Sophie and Sarah, and we're swimming the English Channel as part of a relay team in summer 2012 in aid of spinal injury charity Aspire. Through its projects and programmes, Aspire offers practical support to the 40,000 people living with a spinal cord injury in the UK so that they can lead fulfilled and independent lives in their homes, with their families, in work places and in leisure time.
We're going to be raising money for Aspire in a variety of different ways, including car boot sales, craft fairs, cake sales and clothes swishes. We're also going to be training our little hearts out over the next nine months, getting ready to face a tough slog in the chilly Channel!
You can support us by...
- following our training and fundraising here on our blog
- following us on Twitter @sas_swim
- liking us on Facebook
- donating on our JustGiving site
- donating by texting 'SOSA86' and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070 (eg. 'SOSA86 £3')
- sending us an encouraging email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
|Disclaimer: it will definitely NOT look like this.|